One of the most referred to skin problem is the abnormal growth of acne. With acne, there are other associated abnormalities such as heat flashes, rashes and even minute pimples. Pimples as swellings are more irregular and are of minor form than acne. The spread of acne is persistent wherein pimples are not so widely spread and are spot specific. One of the few locations wherein an irregular swelling or minute pimple formation may take place is the lips. Lip pimple is one of the most terrifying abscess growths, which arouses immense pain if not treated properly. There are no specific causes of lip pimples, but its formation is catalyzed by other foreign matter.
Lips being the most soft and sensitive part of the mouth are affected by a lot of foreign matter. Dust and dirt are common, however, due to these dried lips are prevalent with flaky skin and withered texture. Lip pimple is the cause of oil settlement in the oral region. This settlement of oil within the epidermis of the lip region catalyzes abscess formation with the help of dead skin cells.
A few reasons which cause pimples on lips are –
- The use of poor quality lip balms and other makeup can lead to improper oil settlement in the vicinity of lips which in-turn may result in a lip pimple.
- Use of sensitive lotions and creams may catalyze a hyper-sensitive reaction within the fine hair follicle giving rise to lip pimples.
- Diet with lack of vitamins may be a cause of lip pimples.
- Improper diet summed up with dried stomach may also catalyze the growth of a lip pimple in one’s lips.
- The cells of the fine hair follicles in the lip vicinity may also react with the fluorides of toothpaste and other aids causing lip swellings.
However, some practices which may hinder the growth of lip swellings are –
- Use of Organic Products – Products with natural origin, having a neutral pH should be used in the oral cavity which maintains the chemical balance in the lips hindering reactions.
- Dryness – Lips should be always kept moderately dry than excessively moist. Always lighter lip gels should be preferred and applied up to use.
- Check Upon Ill Habits – Ill habits such as smoking or chewing shall be checked. This causes irregular dryness and moistness in the lips, which itself restrict heat regulation in the cavity giving rise to a lip pimple.
- Proper Hygiene – Regular wash-ups after dining should be practiced as this shall ensure reduced oil clotting. Also treating the most sensitive part of the oral cavity special care must be taken in the usage of handkerchiefs and towels.
- Proper Diet – Less consumption of oily and heavy food should be encouraged. This reduces the chances of excessive oil and soil settlement in the lip region.
- Moderated Treatments – Heavy creams and lotions should be avoided as these not only cause oil settlement, but also gives rise to the chance of certain unwarned hyper-sensitive reactions among organic cells.
Lip abscess being one of the very minute types of swelling can magnify the chances of exaggeration if not taken care at the right time. A lip pimple is a temporary swelling, but mustn’t be handled improperly.